Monday, February 1, 2010

What's Your Fastest Text Input Tool?

Designer and blogger Phil Gyford spends a lot of time with six different text input gadgets, ranging from low-tech (pen and paper) to more high tech (full keyboard, iPhone keyboard, etc.) His question: Which gadget provided the quickest means of input?
I have six input methods to compare:
The Apple Newton MessagePad 2100's handwriting recognition (1997)
The Palm Vx's Graffiti (1999)
The Palm Treo 650's hardware QWERTY keyboard (2004)
The Apple iPhone 3G's software QWERTY keyboard (2009)

To test the speed of input I was going to use the same piece of text for each one. I also wanted to use some text I could memorise, so I didn't have to pause typing/writing to look up, and the later tests wouldn't benefit from my increasing knowledge of the text.
His results:


Congratulations, full-size keyboard! Gyford is fully aware that his test isn't exactly scientific, and it probably doesn't apply to you, but it did get us wondering: What's your best input method? Share your fastest and favorite input method in the comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share
 

About Me

Sialkot, Pakistan
I want to share everything that may be useful for you.So enjoy my articles. I hope i can give something valuable for you. Cheers!

Site Info

Alert Pakistan Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template